Wednesday, April 4, 2012

OPP and Inking LOL

Today I've finished uploading three videos.

In my Art Basics tutorial series, episode 3, I am doing a brief overview of one point perspective. The next two videos after this will be two and three point perspective.



Not sure if I mentioned this before, but as I release the Art Basics videos, I'd like to accompany each one with a Sketch This video, where I show you guys and gals my art process, and what I'm thinking as I go about my business. Today's sketch this show how I take my pieces from a rough pencil stage and into the inking stage. The piece I'm inking is of an original character of mine, King Grim having himself some LOL's.

In the first video I discuss what tools I use, and how I go about planning to ink.


In the second video I pick up after I've done the first round of inks and have erased the underlying pencil. From here I decide the ultimate direction of the inks, and consider line weight and little details.


That's it for today. Feel free to comment on any of the videos, subscribe to the channel and friend/follow me on my Twitter/Facebook:

Twitter: www.twitter.com/private_joker
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bretnugent

No comments:

Post a Comment